Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Update About the Airgonaut

I've published for the last couple of years an online journal called The Airgonaut. I've placed a submission closed update there this afternoon due to the fact that I'm finished with editing for the time being.

Since 2002 I've been editing literary journals - Cellar Door Magazine, The Wrong Tree Review, A-Minor, Metazen, Night Train, Revolution John, and now The Airgonaut. I think 15 years is enough time for me to have given back to writers by publishing and championing their work.

Now, at 41 years of age and not healthy enough to foresee a life into my 70s or 80s, I'd like to spend the remainder of my time as a writer working on the few of my projects currently on the table.

For the time being, I'll publish the work that has already been accepted at The Airgonaut. This will constitute monthly issues covering October, November, and December. After that, who knows? But it's been fun. Thanks to you all for the solid work and for the chance to share it with readers. That was really cool of you. The archives will, of course, be available from now until doomsday.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Mr. Lee, I loved you even when I didn't know it was you I loved! Hah! I am so lucky, so grateful, so happy with the friendship I've found with you. I'm glad I rolled under the door to will make it into the October 2017 Issue of the Airgonaut. I can't wait to read more of your stories and poems out in the world. Thank you for your great service, your long stewardship, to the literary community. Don't you disappear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anne. I'm not disappearing at all. Much to the contrary! Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Shel, I hate to see you shut it down because you've pushed out some good work, but I understand and support your sense that you need to do what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy. I've got one from you going up next month, so it's a good deal.

      Delete
  3. Always meant to submit, too bad. Enjoy your hiatus. I know you'll return to editing/publishing one day if only because you're very good at it.

    ReplyDelete

let's talk about it

My short story "I Am War, Mr. Tolstoy" published today

My short story " I Am War, Mr. Tolstoy " was published today on my author's page at Cowboy Jamboree Press.  I pull from some p...